"Vernier" provides a general interface to Vernier Go!Link compatible sensors.
A variety of sensors can be connected to the Vernier Go!Link to measure such things as pressure, acceleration, light intensity, gas concentrations, chemical properties and electromagnetic properties.
A full list of compatible sensors can be found on the Vernier website.
Opening the Device
opens the first available Vernier sensor.
opens the Vernier sensor for the DeviceObject dev.
Configuring the Device
- dt can be the number of seconds or a Quantity object representing time.
- dt must lie between the "MinMeasurementInterval" and "MaxMeasurementInterval" device properties.
- "MeasurementInterval" Automatic uses "MinMeasurementInterval".
configures the device to take measurements at time interval dt.
- Properties for Vernier sensor device objects include:
"SensorID" integer that identifies the type of sensor "SensorName" name of the sensor "SensorDescription" description of the sensor "MeasurementInterval" time between measurements "MinMeasurementInterval" minimum configurable time between measurements "MaxMeasurementInterval" maximum configurable time between measurements "ProbeType" type of probe attached "BufferLength" length of sensor buffer
- Multiple sensors of the same type will show up as different devices but share the same "SensorID".
- Typical values for "ProbeType" include "Analog 10V", "Heat Pulser" and "Photo Gate".
- DeviceRead returns the sensor value as a Quantity.
- The device buffer stores up to dev["BufferLength"] values from the sensor.
- DeviceReadBuffer returns all of the values currently in the buffer, up to dev["BufferLength"] values.
- DeviceReadBuffer returns the sensor values from the buffer as a QuantityArray.
reads the current value from dev.
reads all values in the device buffer.