is an option that can be given when applying neural net functions to input data, specifying whether the net should use training-specific behavior.
- When a net is applied to an input, net[input,NetEvaluationMode->spec] specifies how layers such as DropoutLayer within the net should behave.
- With the setting NetEvaluationMode->"Test", the normal behavior of layers like DropoutLayer will be used.
- With the setting NetEvaluationMode->"Train", the training-specific behavior of layers like DropoutLayer will be used.
- Recurrent layers such as LongShortTermMemoryLayer also have training-specific behavior via the "Dropout" option.
- Training a net with NetTrain[net,…] will automatically use training-specific behavior.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (2)
Normally, training layers like DropoutLayer act like the identity. Create a dropout layer and apply it to an input:
Create an ImageAugmentationLayer that takes an image of size 128×128 and returns an image crop of size 64×64:
Wolfram Research (2017), NetEvaluationMode, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/NetEvaluationMode.html.
Wolfram Language. 2017. "NetEvaluationMode." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/NetEvaluationMode.html.
Wolfram Language. (2017). NetEvaluationMode. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/NetEvaluationMode.html