- TargetSystem can be used with FunctionCompile to specify additional architectures to embed in the output CompiledCodeFunction. This helps the output to be moved between different platforms without having to run the compilation again.
- TargetSystem can be used with FunctionCompileExport to specify the machine architecture for which output is generated.
- TargetSystem->Automatic specifies the machine architecture on which it is being run.
- Typical values for TargetSystem include the $SystemID of the desired architecture.
- Possible machine architectures are given by $TargetSystems.
Basic Examples (3)
The compiled code function can be moved to machines with a $SystemID of "MacOSX-x86-64", "Windows-x86-64" or "Linux-x86-64" and it will be ready to run without having to recompile the original code.
Wolfram Research (2019), TargetSystem, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/TargetSystem.html.
Wolfram Language. 2019. "TargetSystem." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/TargetSystem.html.
Wolfram Language. (2019). TargetSystem. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/TargetSystem.html