"BalloonEmbedding" (Graph Layout Method)
- Vertex layout for GraphLayout.
- Use balloon embedding to lay out vertices of a graph.
Details & Suboptions
- The balloon embedding is a graph-drawing technique to position vertices of a graph on a circle with the center at the parent vertex.
- The balloon embedding is typically used to lay out tree graphs.
- Possible settings to control the layout include:
"EvenAngle" Automatic vertices placed evenly in an enclosing circle "OptimalOrder" True optimal ordering of vertices to minimize edge crossings "RootVertex" Automatic root vertex "SectorAngles" Automatic size of the angle of each sector
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (2)
Use the option "EvenAngle"True to place vertices evenly in an enclosing circle:
With the setting "OptimalOrder"True, the vertex ordering optimizes the angular resolution and the aspect ratio: