submits expr for immediate asynchronous cloud evaluation.
submits a task to evaluate expr in the cloud on the schedule defined by spec.
Details and Options
- CloudSubmit[expr] returns TaskObject[…] to represent the task it creates.
- Possible values of spec are those supported by the ScheduledTask.
- The following options can be given:
HandlerFunctions <||> how to handle generated events HandlerFunctionsKeys Automatic parameters to supply to handler functions NotificationFunction Automatic how to provide notifications about the task CloudBase $CloudBase the base of the cloud to use IncludeDefinitions True whether to automatically include dependencies
- During the execution of the task, the following events can be generated:
"TaskStarted" task is started "FailureOccurred" task could not be started "ScheduleTriggered" scheduled task evaluation is beginning "MessageGenerated" evaluation generated a message "PrintOutputGenerated" evaluation generated print output "ResultReceived" evaluation generated a result "ScheduleExecuted" scheduled task evaluation is executed "TaskStatusChanged" task status changed "TaskFinished" task is completely finished "TaskRemoved" task is being removed
- With the specification HandlerFunctions-><|…,"eventi"->fi,…|>, fi[assoc] is evaluated whenever eventi is generated. The elements of assoc have keys specified by the setting for HandlerFunctionsKeys.
- Possible keys specified by HandlerFunctionsKeys include:
"EvaluationExpression" expression being evaluated "EvaluationResult" result of the evaluation "Failure" failure object generated if task failed "MessageOutput" content of message generated "PrintOutput" content of print output generated "Task" the object representing the task "TaskStatus" the status of the task "TaskType" type of the task "TaskUUID" unique task identifier "EventName" the name of the event being handled
- The expression to evaluate is returned wrapped in Hold.
- For scheduled tasks, the following additional keys can be specified:
"Schedule" task schedule specification "RunInterval" interval between task runs "PreviousRunCount" number of times the task has already run "RemainingRunCount" number of times the task still has to run "TotalRunCount" total number of times the task is scheduled to run
- The cloud evaluation specified by CloudSubmit is subject to the user's time and memory limits for tasks in the cloud.
- With IncludeDefinitions->True, definitions required for the evaluation of expr will automatically be sent to the cloud through CloudSubmit.
- With IncludeDefinitions->False, definitions required for the evaluation of expr must be loaded and evaluated explicitly during the evaluation of expr.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (7)
Display machine name where evaluation is done:
Show current date that is on the cloud machine:
Use a submitted task for an asynchronous cloud calculation:
Capture print output generated on the cloud:
Capture the message generated on the cloud:
Get notified of the task evaluation progress:
Create a task to do the evaluation on the cloud three times:
Prepare a cloud object containing a time stamp:
Update the time stamp from a submitted task:
Verify the time stamp has been updated:
CloudSubmit returns without waiting for the evaluation result. Use notifications to see the results of submitted tasks:
Wolfram Research (2015), CloudSubmit, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/CloudSubmit.html (updated 2019).
Wolfram Language. 2015. "CloudSubmit." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. Last Modified 2019. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/CloudSubmit.html.
Wolfram Language. (2015). CloudSubmit. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/CloudSubmit.html