repeatedly reads default items from the specified device at interval dt for a total time t, returning a time series of the resulting values.
repeatedly reads the parameter param and returns a time series of its values.
repeatedly reads the parami and returns a time series of their values.
- The time parameters dt and t can be Quantity objects containing units. If they are given as pure numbers, they are assumed to be in units of seconds.
- DeviceReadTimeSeries is a blocking function that does not return until it has collected data for time t.
- A device can be specified either by a DeviceObject or by a string representing a device class.
- A component of a TimeSeries object ts corresponding to parami can be obtained from ts["PathComponent",i].
- For string parameters, a component can typically be obtained from ts["parami"].
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (2)
Generate a time series by reading illuminance data from a TinkerForge Weather Station every 0.1 second for five seconds while continuously changing the device orientation:
Extract the measured values of the illuminance:
Properties & Relations (2)
For a list of parameters, TimeSeries components can be accessed by their names:
Collect a time series from a device and perform some analysis:
Plot the interpolated path function of the time series:
Wolfram Research (2014), DeviceReadTimeSeries, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/DeviceReadTimeSeries.html.
Wolfram Language. 2014. "DeviceReadTimeSeries." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/DeviceReadTimeSeries.html.
Wolfram Language. (2014). DeviceReadTimeSeries. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/DeviceReadTimeSeries.html