pastes expr at the current insertion point in the input notebook.
pastes expr to the specified notebook.
pastes the contents of the system clipboard in the input notebook.
Details and Options
- The expression expr is evaluated and typeset before being pasted to the clipboard. To paste a textual form, specify a string or InputForm[expr].
- Paste[Defer[expr]] pastes the unevaluated form of expr.
- Paste["string"] pastes the contents of "string" as plain text.
- The expression expr can be any expression, including those that represent notebooks or cells.
- Paste supports typeset expressions, such as StandardForm and TraditionalForm.
- Results are pasted wherever the selection is at the instant that Paste is evaluated.
- If content is selected when Paste evaluates, it will be fully replaced by the paste action.
- If the pasted content includes a selection placeholder, then the selected content will be substituted for the placeholder.
- Selection placeholders are represented by the character or \[SelectionPlaceholder].
- The result of Paste will be at the highest fidelity when pasted between cells. When pasting into an existing cell, some style and formatting information may be lost or merged with the existing styles.
- The following options can be given:
AutoScroll True whether to scroll the notebook to the pasted material PlaceholderReplace True whether to replace a selection placeholder with the selected contents
Examplesopen allclose all
Wolfram Research (2010), Paste, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/Paste.html (updated 2023).
Wolfram Language. 2010. "Paste." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. Last Modified 2023. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/Paste.html.
Wolfram Language. (2010). Paste. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/Paste.html