creates a persistent cache of a resource object that can be referenced by name.
stores the resource in persistence location loc.
stores the resource in multiple persistence locations.
Details and Options
- The resource can be either a ResourceObject or ResourceFunction.
- The resource cache contains both metadata and contents.
- The persistence locations can be any of the values supported by PersistenceLocation.
- ResourceRegister[resource] is equivalent to ResourceRegister[resource,$PersistenceBase].
- Registering a private resource allows it to be referenced by name in ResourceObject[name] and other appropriate functions.
- Additional functions that accept a registered resource name depend on the resource's "ResourceType".
- Resources from a public Wolfram repository can always be found using ResourceObject[name] without using ResourceRegister.
- ResourceRegister[resource] returns the resource.
- DeleteObject removes both the resource registry and any local cache of the resource.
- If the resource is registered in a "Local" PersistenceLocation, the resource content will be cached locally with LocalCache[resource].
- If the resource is registered in a "Cloud" PersistenceLocation, the resource content will be deployed to the cloud with CloudDeploy[resource].
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (2)
Retrieve the data by using the resource name in ResourceData:
Register a ResourceFunction:
Properties & Relations (2)
Resource registration persists between sessions:
Register the resource and Quit the kernel session:
The resource is cached to disk and can be referenced by name:
Resource registrations remain until they are removed:
DeleteObject removes the resource from the registry:
Possible Issues (1)
Registering a second resource with an identical name will replace the original resource in the registry:
Referencing the resource by name will give the new result:
The first resource still exists and can be used with the ResourceObject:
Wolfram Research (2017), ResourceRegister, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/ResourceRegister.html.
Wolfram Language. 2017. "ResourceRegister." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/ResourceRegister.html.
Wolfram Language. (2017). ResourceRegister. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/ResourceRegister.html