gives the value of a specified property.
gives the value of a list of properties.
gives the value of a property associated with a particular date specification.
Sample Entity Classes
Coordinates coordinates DateEstablished date station established DateInstalled date station installed DateRemoved date station removed Elevation elevation EntityClasses entity classes GreatDiurnalRange great diurnal range HarmonicAmplitudes tidal constituent amplitudes HarmonicPhases tidal constituent phases HighestWaterLevelOnStationDatum highest water level recorded LowestWaterLevelOnStationDatum lowest water level recorded MeanDiurnalHighWaterInequality mean diurnal high water inequality MeanDiurnalLowWaterInequality mean diurnal low water inequality MeanDiurnalTideLevel mean diurnal tide level MeanHigherHighWater mean higher high level MeanHighWater mean high level MeanLowerLowWater mean lower low level MeanLowWater mean low level MeanSeaLevel mean sea level MeanTideLevel mean tide level Name name Position position
- "TideStation" entities include tide monitoring stations in the US as well as around the world and ocean locations with data provided by the 2010 DTU satellite model.
- "TideStation" entity classes include groupings by nation.
- Historical data is available for most physical tidal stations. "TideStation" entities based on the 2010 DTU satellite model have data only on tidal harmonics.
- Some properties are available for the "TideStation" entity type as a whole and can be given using the form EntityValue["TideStation",property]. Such properties include:
"Properties" the list of available properties "PropertyCanonicalNames" the standard names of available properties "SampleEntities" a sample list of available entities (typically of length 10) "SampleEntityClasses" a sample list of available entity classes (typically of length 10) "EntityCount" number of entities available "Entities" the list of available entities "EntityCanonicalNames" the standard names of available entities "EntityClasses" the list of available entity classes "EntityClassCanonicalNames" the standard names of available entity classes "PropertyClasses" the list of available property classes "PropertyClassCanonicalNames" the standard names of available property classes "PropertyCount" number of properties available
- The following annotations can be used in the third argument of EntityValue["TideStation",property,annotation]:
"Source" source information for the property "Date" the date associated with the entity-property value (if any) "EntityAssociation" an association of entities and entity-property values "PropertyAssociation" an association of properties and entity-property values "EntityPropertyAssociation" an association in which the specified entities are keys, and values are a nested association of properties and entity-property values "PropertyEntityAssociation" an association in which the specified properties are keys, and values are a nested association of entities and entity-property values "Dataset" a dataset in which the specified entities are keys, and values are an association of property names and entity-property values
- The following annotations can be used in the second argument of EntityValue[property,annotation]:
"Qualifiers" the list of possible qualifiers for the property "QualifierValues" the list of possible values that can be given to each qualifier "DefaultQualifierValues" the list of default values for the property's qualifiers "Description" a brief textual description of the property "Definition" a detailed textual definition of the property "PhysicalQuantity" the physical quantity associated with the entity-property value "Unit" the unit associated with the entity-property value
- A qualifier value of Automatic indicates that an applicable format of values can be used; e.g. for the "Date" qualifier, this includes a proper date or date span.
Basic Examples (3)
Use TideData to find tide stations near a given city:
Find a property value for an entity:
Retrieve a dataset of all available properties for an entity: