WritingScriptRelated Interpreter »
Sets of graphic characters used for writing languages.
represents an entity of type "WritingScript".
gives the value of a specified property.
gives the value of a list of properties.
represents a class of entities with values of propi defined by speci.
Sample Entity Classes
AlternateNames alternate names Baseline baseline CaseQ case ComplexPositioningQ complex positioning ContextualFormsQ contextual forms DiacriticsQ diacritics EntityClasses entity classes ISO15924Code ISO 15924 four‐letter code ISO15924CodeNumeric ISO 15924 numeric code ISO15924Group ISO 15924 group ISO15924Name ISO 15924 name Ligatures ligatures Name name ReorderingQ reordering required SplitGraphsQ split graphs Status status Type type UnicodeAlias Unicode alias WhiteSpace white space WritingDirection writing direction
- "WritingScript" entities include writing systems such as "Latin" and "Cyrillic" that comprise sets of symbols that are used for the written forms of various languages.
- "WritingScript" entity classes include collections of scripts grouped by writing direction, type, status and other characteristics.
- Some properties are available for the "WritingScript" entity type as a whole and can be given using the form EntityValue["WritingScript",property]. Such properties include:
"Properties" the list of available properties "PropertyCanonicalNames" the standard names of available properties "SampleEntities" a sample list of available entities (typically of length 10) "SampleEntityClasses" a sample list of available entity classes (typically of length 10) "EntityCount" number of entities available "Entities" the list of available entities "EntityCanonicalNames" the standard names of available entities "EntityClasses" the list of available entity classes "EntityClassCanonicalNames" the standard names of available entity classes "PropertyClasses" the list of available property classes "PropertyClassCanonicalNames" the standard names of available property classes "PropertyCount" number of properties available
- The following annotations can be used in the third argument of EntityValue["WritingScript",property,annotation]:
"Source" source information for the property "Date" the date associated with the entity-property value (if any) "EntityAssociation" an association of entities and entity-property values "PropertyAssociation" an association of properties and entity-property values "EntityPropertyAssociation" an association in which the specified entities are keys, and values are a nested association of properties and entity-property values "PropertyEntityAssociation" an association in which the specified properties are keys, and values are a nested association of entities and entity-property values "Dataset" a dataset in which the specified entities are keys, and values are an association of property names and entity-property values
- The following annotations can be used in the second argument of EntityValue[property,annotation]:
"Qualifiers" the list of possible qualifiers for the property "QualifierValues" the list of possible values that can be given to each qualifier "DefaultQualifierValues" the list of default values for the property's qualifiers "Description" a brief textual description of the property "Definition" a detailed textual definition of the property "PhysicalQuantity" the physical quantity associated with the entity-property value "Unit" the unit associated with the entity-property value
- A qualifier value of Automatic indicates that an applicable format of values can be used; e.g. for the "Date" qualifier, this includes a proper date or date span.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (4)
Implicit Entity Classes (1)
Look up writing scripts using implicit entity class syntax and "ISO15924" entities:
Show countries with the largest number of speakers for languages using those scripts:
Find historical writing scripts written vertically and right to left, using implicit entity class syntax with "WritingScriptStatus" and "WritingDirection" entities: