CrystalFamilyRelated Interpreter »
Named crystal families.
gives the value of a specified property.
gives the value of a list of properties.
AlternateNames alternate names AngleRelations angle relations BravaisLattices Bravais lattice CrystallographicPointGroups crystallographic point groups CrystallographicSpaceGroups crystallographic space groups CrystalSystems crystal system EdgeRelations edge relations EntityClasses entity classes EntityTypeList entity type list LatticeSystems lattice systems Name name RequiredPointGroupSymmetries required point group symmetry UnitCellVolume unit cell volume
- "CrystalFamily" entities consist of the six named crystal families in three dimensions: cubic, hexagonal, monoclinic, orthorhombic, tetragonal and triclinic.
- Crystal families are determined by lattices and point groups and are formed by combining crystal systems that have space groups assigned to a common lattice system. In three dimensions, the crystal families and systems are identical except that hexagonal and trigonal crystal systems are combined into a single hexagonal crystal family.
- Some properties are available for the "CrystalFamily" entity type as a whole and can be given using the form EntityValue["CrystalFamily",property]. Such properties include:
"Properties" the list of available properties "PropertyCanonicalNames" the standard names of available properties "SampleEntities" a sample list of available entities (typically of length 10) "SampleEntityClasses" a sample list of available entity classes (typically of length 10) "EntityCount" number of entities available "Entities" the list of available entities "EntityCanonicalNames" the standard names of available entities "EntityClasses" the list of available entity classes "EntityClassCanonicalNames" the standard names of available entity classes "PropertyClasses" the list of available property classes "PropertyClassCanonicalNames" the standard names of available property classes "PropertyCount" number of properties available
- The following annotations can be used in the third argument of EntityValue["CrystalFamily",property,annotation]:
"Source" source information for the property "Date" the date associated with the entity-property value (if any) "EntityAssociation" an association of entities and entity-property values "PropertyAssociation" an association of properties and entity-property values "EntityPropertyAssociation" an association in which the specified entities are keys, and values are a nested association of properties and entity-property values "PropertyEntityAssociation" an association in which the specified properties are keys, and values are a nested association of entities and entity-property values "Dataset" a dataset in which the specified entities are keys, and values are an association of property names and entity-property values
- The following annotations can be used in the second argument of EntityValue[property,annotation]:
"Qualifiers" the list of possible qualifiers for the property "QualifierValues" the list of possible values that can be given to each qualifier "DefaultQualifierValues" the list of default values for the property's qualifiers "Description" a brief textual description of the property "Definition" a detailed textual definition of the property "PhysicalQuantity" the physical quantity associated with the entity-property value "Unit" the unit associated with the entity-property value
- A qualifier value of Automatic indicates that an applicable format of values can be used; e.g. for the "Date" qualifier, this includes a proper date or date span.