"LatentSemanticAnalysis" (Machine Learning Method)
- Method for DimensionReduction, DimensionReduce, FeatureSpacePlot and FeatureSpacePlot3D.
- Maps the data into a lower-dimensional space using the latent semantic analysis method.
Details & Suboptions
- "LatentSemanticAnalysis" is a linear dimensionality reduction method. The method projects input data in a lower-dimensional space that attempts to preserve the semantic association between data points.
- "LatentSemanticAnalysis" works for datasets that have a large number of features or large number of examples, and works particularly well for sparse datasets (for which most values are zeros). "LatentSemanticAnalysis" is typically used to reduce the dimension of a term-document matrix (term counts in documents).
- The following plots show the results of the "LatentSemanticAnalysis" method applied to benchmarking datasets including Fisher's Irises, MNIST and FashionMNIST:
- "LatentSemanticAnalysis" is equivalent to "Linear" and "PrincipalComponentsAnalysis" methods, with the exception that the data is not centered.
- The method is widely used in informational retrieval to create search engines. The method is also used in natural language processing for tasks such as text classification and topic modeling.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (1)
Dataset Visualization (1)
Load the Fisher Iris dataset from ExampleData: