represents the distribution of the property expr where the random variable x follows the graph distribution gdist.
represents the distribution where x1, x2, … are independent and follow the graph distributions gdist1, gdist2, ….
Details and Options
- GraphPropertyDistribution is a transformation from the space of graphs to some property that is often of much lower dimension.
- GraphPropertyDistribution is typically used to study properties of distributions of graphs such as edge count, vertex count, length of shortest path, number of connected components or any other property that can be computed for graphs.
- xdist can be entered as x dist dist or x \[Distributed]dist.
- GraphPropertyDistribution will simplify to known special distributions whenever possible.
- GraphPropertyDistribution can be used with such functions as NProbability, NExpectation, and RandomVariate.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (3)
Basic Uses (5)
Distribution Properties (4)
Predicates, such as ConnectedGraphQ:
Graph measures and metrics, such as GraphDiameter:
GraphPropertyDistribution works with any expression, such as maximum eigenvector centrality:
Graph Distributions (3)
Automatic Simplifications (2)
GraphPropertyDistribution will simplify to known distributions whenever possible:
Use Assumptions to specify the condition :
The number of relations is given by the VertexDegree:
A frog in a lily pond is able to jump 1.5 feet to get from one of the 25 lily pads to another. Model the frog's jumping network from the lily leaf density and SpatialGraphDistribution:
In a medical study of an outbreak of influenza in a group of seven subjects, each subject has reported his or her number of potentially contagious interactions within the group. Model the interactions as a DegreeGraphDistribution:
Properties & Relations (4)
Wolfram Research (2012), GraphPropertyDistribution, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/GraphPropertyDistribution.html.
Wolfram Language. 2012. "GraphPropertyDistribution." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/GraphPropertyDistribution.html.
Wolfram Language. (2012). GraphPropertyDistribution. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/GraphPropertyDistribution.html